FEED YOUR SOUL
Eve's Healthy Donut Hole Recipe
May 16, 2014
Sure, "healthy donut hole" sounds like a major oxymoron. But this recipe from SOUL instructor and certified holistic health counselor EVE LYNN KESSNER is as close to good-for-you as these breakfast treats get. Here's her how-to, just in time for the weekend...
I recently made Raw Cinnamon Donut Holes and they turned out AWESOME! They were actually super-quick and easy to make (though a bit messy). No bake! No dehydrate! Just refrigerate! These will definitely be on the menu more regularly and I’ll experiment soon with other flavor options. I’m thinking a chocolate nut-butter option!
Here’s how I did it:
1. Line a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper.
2. In a bowl combine and whisk:
* 1 cup amaranth (or other nutty/neutral flour…I had some raw amaranth flour around so I grabbed that)
* 1 cup oat flour (you can also grind oats in a food processor if you don’t have flour on hand)
* 3/4 cup of coconut flour
* 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
3. Then add:
* 1 tablespoon of vanilla
* 5 tablespoons of raw agave
* 1/3 cup of coconut oil (at room temperature)
4. Mix until it forms a dough then set aside.
5. In a food processor, process until fine:
* 1/2 cup coconut nectar/sugar
* 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
6. Put the cinnamon sugar into a small bowl.
7. Take about 2 tablespoons of dough in your hand and roll into a ball. Place the ball into the cinnamon sugar bowl and roll it around until it is totally covered.
8. Place it on the sheet pan and start over.
9. Should make 15 balls.
10. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours… then enjoy!
Catch Eve's classes at Soul East 83rd and Soul Short Hills, and check out more of her recipes on her blog at http://www.lovelifeandlollipops.com! Questions or comments? Email email@example.com!